We offer both formal FETAC certified training at various levels and also offer non formal introductory courses. Training is appropriate to the needs of the learner and is about building participant’s capacity and increasing their independence.
- We have 10 computers available in our purposely fitted training room with an option for participants bringing their own laptops
- We have installed specialized software on computers for those with disabilities who may require additional supports
- Tutor support from LCETB
- We allow ample time for students to practice in order to increase confidence.
- Our building and computer room is fully accessible
- Broadband available
Our courses cover all aspects of computers from absolute Beginners to QQI Level 4. Areas of learning include keyboard and mouse control, using Microsoft word, excel and publisher, letter writing, internet, e-mail, social media, poster design, information technology, word processing, digital media and file management. As our class sizes tend to be small our tutors are able to provide individual attention to each student and work at their speed.
- is a screen reader that works with windows operating system. The software allows for integrated voice support for those with visual disabilities.
- increases magnification viewing on a computer screen for those who need additional support. This focus enhancement makes it easier to follow the text on the screen.
- Key Board support
- Increased lettering and numbers on some of the keyboards in the training room to make it easier on those who do not have keyboard skills.
- Kurzweil 3000
- is a computer software package for reader support for those who have dyslexia and need additional support.