We run a number of varied and valuable pieces of one off training on an on-going basis throughout the year. These training days are aimed at members of our community as well as other organisations operating in the region.
The following are a sample of the training programmes we have delivered:
- WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan workshop)
- This morning session was delivered to encourage people to take care of their mental health and to be aware of steps one can take in order to manage their well-being.
- SafeTalk (Suicide Intervention Programme)
- This four hour workshop provided participants with the necessary skills and confidence to carry out an intervention in the event of encountering a person undergoing suicide ideation.
- Occupational First Aid (FETAC Level 5)
- Three day programme providing certification to persons working in organisations that provide services to the general public.
- Addiction Awareness
- Designed for young people, this two hour workshop seeks to generate constructive exploration around the issues relating to alcohol and drug consumption.
- Social Media
- Groups new to technology are introduced to facebook, twitter and skype through practical demonstration. The advantages and limitations of these technologies are outlines for each group.
- This morning session with Andrew Hodgers was delivered to enable understanding of how our mind works and how we can control ourselves to encourage positive mental health.